Panelists from our London summit share their resources.
On 16 May 2019, we hosted London's second Women in Construction Summit. With 60+ speakers and 700+ attendees, barriers were broken, opinions were challenged and solutions were proposed. One of the day's leading panels, The Future is Intersectional, widened our understanding of how each diversity strand intersects, combine and react with each other.
The panelists pioneering the session were Jean Hewitt, Senior Inclusive Design Consultant at BuroHappold Engineering, Anjali Pindoria, Project Surveyor at Avi Contracts, Sarah Crawford, Founder & Director at Chalkstring, and Jo Field, Founder & Managing Director at JFG Communications. Here, the industry leaders share the resources that helped build the discussion.
Books and articles
- Invisible Women: Exploring Data Bias in a World Designed for Men, Caroline Criado Perez, 2019
- Happy by Design: A Guide to Architecture and Mental Wellbeing, Ben Channon, 2018
Toolkits and programmes
- Built Environment Professional Education Programme (BEPE)
- Mayor of London's Our Time Toolkit
- Design Council's Inclusive Environments Programme
Research, commissions and acts
- CIPR Women in Construction Study
- EHRC, 2017. Equalities and Human Rights Commission (EHRC)
- HM Government, 2010, Equality Act 2010. London, UK: Her Majesty's Stationery Office (HMSO), Crown
After multiple sell-out events in Europe, the Women in Construction Summit is coming to the USA this September. From the 18-19 September 2019, 400+ attendees will join for a day of inspiring keynotes, challenging panel discussions, skill-building workshops and dedicated networking opportunities. Book now to avoid disappointment later.